Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is there any hope?

After teaching through the 10 commandments over the last 13 weeks or so, it is very easy to become discouraged when we see the perfection of God in his holiness revealed in those commandments and then to realize that He requires perfection in us...so, last week we asked the question, "Is there any hope?"

And, the answer: absolutely YES!

Our hope is in Jesus.

Here are 6 reasons from the sermon why Jesus is our hope:

A. Jesus is my hope because He fulfilled the righteous requirements of the law.
Romans 8:1-11
B. Jesus is my hope because He became the curse of the law.
Galatians 3:10-14
C. Jesus is my hope because He satisfied the wrath of God against sinners
Romans 3:21-26
D. Jesus is my hope because He gave me His righteousness.
2 Corinthians 5:21
E. Jesus is my hope because He is my faithful and merciful high priest
Hebrews 4:14-16
F. Jesus is my hope because He enables me to obey God’s commands
Romans 6:1-14

May your faith be strengthened today by God's grace and Jesus Christ, the hope of glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment