Friday, November 20, 2009

The Cult of Oprah

My sister, Abigail, posted a blurb wondering if Oprah was a cult leader on her Facebook. I commented in the affirmative, that "yes, she is."

As I have read somewhere before, "the church of Oprah is probably the largest in America." She might even be larger than Osteen.

I just heard on the radio this morning at the coffee shop a little while ago that Oprah's ratings had dropped 7% since last year--my prayers are being answered! She is possibly thinking about doing her last show in 2011. We can pray & hope!

Some people will think I dog Oprah too much--maybe. Of one thing I am certain, though I love Oprah as Jesus would have me to, I believe she is a wolf seeking to destroy the body of Christ & is indoctrinating the culture (and many Christians) with the "doctrine of demons." And, because of that, I would be a horrible shepherd if I did not shout "BEWARE" when the wolves are around.

Do I desire that Oprah be saved? Absolutely. Do I believe Christians should be listening to her and taking their advice from her? Absolutely not, but that is also true of others who grace (bad word) the airwaves of TV or radio (Dr. Phill, Osteen, etc.)

Michael, you shouldn't name them. Someone has to point them out. We've been walking on eggshells around their supporters for far too long.

May Jesus grant us the boldness & compassion that is necessary in a time when wolves are running around seeking sheep that they would devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment