Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pre-, Mid-, Post-, or Pre-wrath

Many have differing views on the rapture (or, even if there is one).

In recent years, after studying the different views and writing a paper on them, I have come to the conclusion (so far at least) that the church will go through the tribulation, either all the way (post-trib) or up to the sixth seal (Revelation 7; pre-wrath) being supernaturally protected by the power of God through the tribulation rather than taken out of the tribulation

As I have been studying the "signs" (plagues) in Exodus for Pharaoh, it dawned on me that this is a possible model for how God might protect the church during the tribulation period.

During the fourth plague, the text says that "in that day I will set apart the land of Goshen in which my people dwell, in order that you may know that I am the LORD in the midst of the land."

My thoughts on this are preliminary, but isn't it at least possible that this provides some idea of God's supernatural protection of the church during the tribulation?

Just a thought.

I'm sure someone has thought about this before. It just hit me while studying this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment