Monday, April 27, 2009

The Cross

As I was reading The Tale of Three Trees to 40-50 preschoolers this morning, I was amazed at the emotion of unbelievable joy that began to rise up in me as I was reading the story.

Tears even began to swell in my eyes--and I was just reading a story...I guess the song is true...the longer we serve him, the sweeter he grows...mama would have liked that...

If you've never read the book, it is a piece of folklore that tells the story of three trees and what they want to be when they grow up. One wants to hold treasure...one wants to sail on the ocean...the other just wants to stay on the hill and point to God...each at first are disappointed at what happens to them...

Tree #1 becomes a manger...but, the one that Mary and Joseph lay baby Jesus in..."the greatest treasure in the world"

Tree #2 becomes a fishing boat...but, the one Jesus falls asleep in and then calms the storm...

Tree #3 becomes just beams of lumber...but, the lumber that forms the cross Jesus dies on...

Each tree's dream came true...but, not the way they expected.

Praise the Lord for Jesus--his life, his death, his resurrection--AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment