Thursday, April 9, 2009

Update on "The Shack"

Well, I finished it this morning on the tread mill.

First impressions after completion-------

No doubt, a very interesting and very well written book with excellent detail and storyline.

I still find myself in the middle of the road on the continuum of "heresy" or "greatest thing since sliced bread".

There are many negative aspects within the theological framework of the "identity" and "nature" of the Trinity--the being or the essence of the Trinity.

However, there are positive aspects with regard to the interaction between Mack and God that I believe many people will relate to, and do--as I did.

My guess is that the draw for many people to this book is the desire to have that kind of intimacy with God that was demonstrated in the book--something that I believe we can have through Jesus.

More to come on that...

There are some strange things that happen around chapter 15 or so that we will discuss in some later posts.

Be back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment