Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Faithfulness and Grace

For whatever reason, in the last couple of days, my mind has been drawn back to the difficulties and trials of the past year--mama's passing, the hospitalization of my daddy, the rebelliousness of my sister, some of the struggles we've had as a church body--they have all flooded my mind and heart.

Yet, this morning, the Lord has encouraged me through his word as I sit here preparing the devotion for Liberty Commons tonight.

Two passages of scripture have been brought to my attention by the Holy Spirit.

One is Lamentations 3:19-24 - The Faithfulness of God

And, 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 - God's Grace is Sufficient

Through the difficulties and trials, God's grace has been faithful to supply all that has been necessary for enduring--but, more than enduring; learning and growing through the circumstances--for me, personally, growing as a man, husband, son, father, and pastor/teacher.

All of this is what CJ Mahaney has called "evidences of grace." For all this I am grateful--even though the heartache and pain have some days difficult to bear.

Praise God for his immeasurable grace and faithfulness.

Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment