Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A few gleanings from "Future Grace"

Here are a few quotes I read this morning reading John Piper's "Future Grace."

p. 107
"Don't miss the connection between the two halves of this great verse. Notice the "therefore:" All the promises of God are Yes in Christ. Therefore we pray Amen through him, to God's glory. To make sure we see it, let's turn the two halves around: When we pray, we say Amen to God through Christ, because God has said Amen to all his promises in Christ. Prayer is the confident plea for God to make good on his promises of future grace for Christ's sake. Prayer links our faith in future grace with the foundation of it all, Jesus Christ."

p. 108
"O Lord,I promise that by your grace my future will be a future of unfailing yes to you. I consecrate myself to forsake the No and the Maybe and the Not Now of my unbelief. And I say Yes to everything in your Yes to me. I pledge myself to a holy dissatisfaction until my thoughts and my words and my deeds express the radical holiness that comes from the wonderful, joyful freedom of living by faith in guaranteed future grace. Amen. And I do mean, AMEN!"

Let's ponder together the reality of living by faith in God's grace to complete the good work that he started in us (Philippians 1:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment