Thursday, June 4, 2009

General Musing this Morning

I just finished reading a good article in SBC Life by Roger S. Oldham on the Holy Spirit, particularly his role in salvation.

He pointed out four activities of the Holy Spirit in salvation:
1) Convincing (John 16:8-11)
2) Regenerating
3) Adopting
4) Sealing

Having been thinking quite a bit about sanctification lately (reading "Future Grace" by John Piper and "The Discipline of Grace" by Jerry Bridges), this article helped continue to focus my attention on the dependence and reliance upon the Holy Spirit in me that is necessary to grow in Christ-likeness.

Philippians 1:6 has consistently been on my mind lately. God is at work to complete what He started by the "free will of the wind" (John Piper).

This morning the Lord has brought to mind through more reading and meditating Philippians 2:12-13. As I write this, my mind is also turned to the salvation and sanctification and glorification chain of Romans 8:29-30.

Our awesome God is at work in our lives to transform us into the image of His dear Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment