Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mama

One year ago today at 7:45 AM, my mama went to be with Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:8). The year has flown by, the memories have flooded my mind, and the pain is certainly still here. It won't leave until I see Jesus myself.

Through it all, Jesus has proven Himself "faithful and true" to be present in the midst of the pain and the tears (even the ones today). Some days have been easier than others, but no day has been without a memory (or a hundred).

Her legacy of faithfulness to Jesus and love for Jesus will live on in her children and grandchildren because of her character and the teaching she gave to us all--even the "whuppins" (if you're from the south, you know what I mean), of which I deserved every one I'm sure (2 Timothy 1:5).

Boy, I sure do miss her.

Job said, "For I know that my redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth."

Jesus is the rock and refuge in the midst of the pain and suffering--He is the sovereign King of the universe in the midst of the trouble--He is the all-sufficient Savior that rescues from the pit--Jesus is...

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord"

"Praise the name of Jesus, praise the name Jesus
He's my rock, He's my fortress, He's my deliverer, in Him will I trust
Praise the name of Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment